Scholarship offer that we have for high performing athletes can be seen on this website: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sport/performancesport/sportsscholarships/index.aspx
As you can see the offer involves financial support to the level of up to £8000 depending on the performance level, plus a range of access to support services. The total value of the average package comes to approximately 5k, including:
- Finance of either 1k or 2k to help with equipment, competition and training.
- Physio screening, giving sports specific movement analysis
- A mentor who will act as a liaison between you and the University
- Free sports membership giving you access to all of the University sports facilities
- Specialist strength and conditioning programmes
- Free physiotherapy
- Free cardiac screening
- Nutritional advice
To be eligible for a sports bursary you must:
- Be of regional, national or international standard in your sports or show strong evidence of future outstanding potential
- Fulfil the normal entry requirements for the course for which you are applying
- Be committed to play a full part in the Athletic Union and wherever possible be prepared to represent the University in British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) competitions
The scheme is open to all students, irrespective of nationality or course. Bursaries are awarded annually and applications are welcomed by students in any year of study. Focus is given to sports within the BUCS program and Olympic and Paralympic sports, with other sports considered on a case by case basis.
This years Squash Scholars include: Hana Ramadan WR #88, Ollie Holland HWR #151 and Matthew Broadberry WR #333.
Feel free to contact Alex Perry, Assistant Director of Sport (Performance), if you have any specific questions regarding Scholarships opportunities at Nottingham University.